According to maggiesmusic.com, this album features “Celtic harp champion, Sue Richards [and] brings a joyous and inventive spirit to traditional music from Ireland and Scotland. The evocative power of the Celtic harp has no greater genius than Sue Richards who was called “one of America’s brightest stars” by the folk magazine Dirty Linen.”
Track Listing: 51:28 minutes
- The Humours of the Joyce Country (2:34)
- The Rights of Man (3:16)
- Princess Augusta/ Miss Grant’s Reel (2:00)
- Maple Leaf/ Bird in the Bush (3:10)
- Haughs of Cromdale/ Sgian Dubh/ Keep It Up (4:18)
- Lament for Limerick/ Lochaber No More/ Irish Lamentation (7:43)
- Itchy Fingers (2:39)
- Fiddler Dance the Light Strathspey/ Mor A Cheannaich/ Trip to Ponca City (3:47)
- Cro Kintaile (4:00)
- Cape Clear/ Monaghan’s Jig (5:36)
- Mabel Kelly (3:30)
- Miss Hamilton of Auchincruive/ The Bonnie Lass o’ Bon Accord (3:05)
- Fanny Poer (3:42)
- Tho I Go To My Bed, Little Sleep Do I Get (1:37)
To sample this album, and buy tracks individually for 99¢ each, view this listing on store.cdbaby.com
About Our Presenter, Sue Richards
Sue Richards is an internationally known performer, teacher, composer and author. Sue has recorded dozens of CDs, and has entertained audiences throughout the U.S. and Europe.
After first studying the concert harp in Ohio with Lucy Lewis and Jean Harriman, Sue turned to the Celtic harp and the Irish and Scottish traditional music of her heritage. Since then, Sue has performed numerous times for the Embassy of Ireland in Washington, DC, has twice played for President Bill Clinton, and recently added Queen Elizabeth II and President and Mrs. Bush to her list.
Sue has sat in with The Chieftains and has appeared on A Prairie Home Companion. She has performed in Scotland at Celtic Connections in Glasgow and at the Edinburgh International Harp Festival, and she recently toured Norway and Sweden with the Harpa ensemble.